The 2018 Convention & Expo is the only statewide event dedicated to the business and educational interests of independent automobile dealers and their employees. Whether you are the owner, General Manager, designated dealer-operator, title clerk or an individual interested in getting into the independent automobile industry, this is the event where you learn about best practices for your dealership, about new Federal and state regulations and relearn those you may have forgotten, discover the many services and benefits available to help your dealership run more profitably, network with other successful dealers, and have some fun while you are at it.
- Twelve educational sessions will be available from which you can choose the four more pressing topics you want to learn more about. Thirty-three (33) vendors will be there to share information about their products and services.
- Network with members and officers of VIADA who can share the best practices that have helped them be successful.
- Make new friends and enjoy a fun evening at our Casino party.
- Congratulate the four district Quality Dealers who were nominated to compete for the coveted State Quality Dealer award.
And, congratulate and celebrate with our 2018 State Quality Dealer.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11
Noon – Registration Opens (Foyer)
1-4PM – Title & Registration Workshop (Princess Anne Room)
4-6PM – Exhibitor Set-Up (Peacock Ballroom)
5-7PM – VIADA Board of Directors Meeting (Courtney Terrace)
7:30-9:00PM – EXPO Welcome Reception/Dinner with Exhibitors (Membership Awards Announced) (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
9-11PM – Hospitality Room (Sponsor: Diamond Warranty Corporation) – (President’s Suite)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12 | BEACH THEME – Hawaiian/beach themed resort attire encouraged.
7:00AM – Registration Opens
7:30-8:30AM – EXPO Breakfast Buffet (Tentative: Opening speaker 8:00-8:30am) (Peacock Ballroom)
8:45-9:30AM – VIADA Annual Business Meeting (Election/installation of Officers) (Peacock Ballroom)
Opening Session Speaker: “What’s Next…Industry Disruptions and Futures Forecast”, Marty Coates, Waymaker Learning Corporation
9:30-10:30AM – Concurrent Sessions, Expo Educational Sessions
- Track 1 – TBD (20Group Best Practices)
- Track 2 – “Tips on Avoiding Lawsuits from Customers from a Consumer Lawyer”, John C. Gayle, Jr., Esq., The Consumer Law Group, P.C.
- Track 3 – “CyberSecurity for Your Business”, Paul Blais, Senior Network Engineer, IPC Technologies
10:30-11:15AM – EXPO Break (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
11:15AM-12:15PM – Concurrent Sessions
- Track 1 – “Driving Profitability Through Performance Strategies and Operational Efficiencies”, Will Chandler, Divisional VP, NextGear Capital
- Track 2 – “Update on the DMV Study: Definition of Motor Vehicle Dealer”, Peter Iaricci, Sr., Director of Education, VIADA
- Track 3 – “In this Age of Technology…Have We Forgotten the Basics?”, Rod Heasley, Modern Auto Protection/KISS Concepts Group
12:30-1:30PM – EXPO – Lunch Buffet with Exhibitors (Recognize District Quality Dealer Nominees) (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
1:45-2:45PM – Concurrent Sessions
- Track 1 – “Succession Strategies for Dealers: Keep or Sell?”, Donald S. Hannahs, CFP Founding Partner, Planning Solutions Group
- Track 2 – “HR Issues Every Dealer Needs to Know”, Stephanie Lyles, SHRM-SCP, Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, Manheim Baltimore Washington/Manheim Fredericksburg
Track 3 – “Betting on Consumer Attention & Consumer Service”, Cody Healey, National Sales & Marketing Director, Diamond Warranty Corp.
2:45-3:30PM EXPO Break (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
3:30-4:30PM – Concurrent Sessions
- Track 1 – “Road to Reinsurance with the VIADA Certified Program”, Tim Byrd, DealerRE
- Track 2 – “Are You In Compliance with MVDB?”, Peter Iaricci, Sr., Director of Education, VIADA
- Track 3 – “Developing Your Distinctive Global Impact (DGI)”, Marty Coates, Waymaker Learning Corporation
Closing Session Speaker: “Magic, Mama and Money…Lessons on Success and Life”, Marty Coates, Waymaker Learning Corporation
3:45-4:45PM – Exhibitors Tear Down
5:30-7:00PM EXPO Reception/Dinner Buffet with Exhibitors (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
7:00-10:00PM Casino Party w/Prizes for Big Winner/Loser (Peacock Balloom, Section A)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13
8:30-9:30AM – Breakfast (Tentative: Closing Speaker, 9:00-9:30am) (Peacock Ballroom BC)
ENJOY THE BEACH & LOCAL ACTIVITIES – Beach; Golf; Adventure Park; Brewery; iFLY; etc.
6:30-7:00PM – Grand Banquet Reception (Peacock Foyer/Ballroom)
7:00-9:00PM – Grand Banquet Dinner (Outgoing/Incoming VIADA Presidents Recognized; State Quality Dealer Announced) (Sponsor: Manheim
Fredericksburg and Harrisonburg Auto Auctions) (Peacock Ballroom BC)
9:00-11/12:00 – Hospitality Room (Sponsor: Diamond Warranty Corporation) (President’s Suite)
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14
11:00AM – CHECK OUT